Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year~~~

Ok, I've been bored lately and instead of playing games everyday I think its best to practice on my writing skills (in this case, typing) since my English is deteriorating... T.T

So its already 4 days into 2014. The weather changed from cold and wet to hot, hot and HOT!!! The bright sun, massive heat waves and stong dry new year wind sort of got me wondering is the desert this hot too? I bet its hotter but oh well.

College started in December 30th with good news that I ace all of my Semester 1 subjects with a CGPA of 3.944 out of 4.0!!! I think this is the first time in my life I did so well for my studies but to maintain a CGPA this high is going to be a lot of work and not to mention my friends are all trying to kill me out of jealousy!!! LOL (sorry guys... Istill love you).

Never in my life would I expect something like this :')


Both primary and secondary schools have reopen 2d ays ago. So the restaurants, cafes and shopping malls are peaceful and empty. No more long lines and crowded stores :P and also now I have the house all to myself in the morning. PEACE!!!

What we guys usual do during class and break period

Curi bring laptop to class XD

Other than that, New Year seems pretty boring as usual.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so enough of my rambling grandfather, grandmother, uncle, aunty story. The main thing I would like to share here is my New Year 'Testimony/ review' and 'Resolution'.

Every 31st December, my church will have the watchnight service around 10pm and end just at New Year, 00.00am. Well, I was prompted to share about my experience in 2013 just 5 mins before midnight and now that I think about it, I would like to elaborate more about it.


5 MINS BEFORE MIDNIGHT XD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm born into a standard family, living a Christian lifestyle and throughout my 21 year living on this earth, a lot of crap pilled up in my life. To cut it short, this have caused me to have depression, a very bad temper, a lot of hate, to easily judge people, to isolate myself (surprising yes?), not able to speak in Chinese (I'm a banana so sue me =__=) and most of all, not to trust God to the point I only remember Him during Christian functions only.

Therefore, I'm the typical procrastinating guy who would always talk about serving and committing everything to God and  ends up disappearing and playing around, coming and going as I please, ignoring God and finding pleasure through addictions. I pray and asked forgiveness yet I never made the effort to repent or change my life.

Whenever my college friends calls me our my overdue assignments is close to the deadline, I would always dissappear from the church. To me, serving God, the church, was no longer my top priority. So to stay close to the church, I stayed in the youth and camp committee. Still all this did not stop me from forgetting God and I guess God didn't see that. He wanted me to change and remember HIM!!!

This year, the President post was a rotation system whereby every committee member (except Wei Ling cause she is our new committee member) will be a President for 2 months (Samson was 1 month) and well, I for one didn't do a good job at all. This was the review made about me.
  • President is always absent.
  • Commitment issues
  • Assignments to complete
  • Procrastination
To add oil to the fire, me and my best friend from college got into a cold war for some childish reason. Out of depression I got myself drunk. Hoewever, I think in a way God made me open my eyes through this experience. I was putting my friends first in my life, ignoring my own family and especially God. Through this I learned 3 things.
  • God is 1st in your life
  • Family is 2nd important
  • Don't get drunk, it just makes people worried and gives you a major headache.
Well, even for CG, God was there prompting me. I hated to attend CG cause it is boring, I can stay at home or go out to do fun stuff but when Jen yoong started giving weekly sms to prompt people to attend CG, sursprisingly, that made me go for it after ignoring CG for so long and I have not missed a CG unless I have very good reasons like sick, out station, family stuff or really unreasonable assignments.

Still, from all of the things in 2013, planning and attending the youth camp was what really changed me. That was where God really open my eyes. During the planning of the camp, a lot of problems arose till the point we almost cancelled the camp. We had bad response and progress was super slow and due to some complications, I became the Camp Commandent and now that I think about it, I was given the leadership post again despite failing as President in the youth. At first I rejected the idea and wanted to give it to someone else but there was no suitable person and seeing that I have the 'experience' I took the job. So surprisingly, I did the job a Camp Commandent is requiered to do. Maybe it was God telling me something cause this actually made me though of doing something for the youth in 2014 (which shall be a secret until then ;P).

Through the sharing sessions, I realize that God had really done so much for me and surprisingly, since 2005, the camp themes are all almost the same unlike other youth which was always asking us to go back to God. I really have forgotten and shut God out of my heart. This struck me and after the camp, I realised that I must change.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One hing I hate in life is New year resolutions. Not one have ever been fullfiled. I've even forgot my 2013 resolution. LOL!!!
So here is my 2014 New Year Resolution (public version) which I pray I will be able to keep.
  1. I will do quiet time and try to get closer to God
  2. For my health I will start exercising and eat my veggies (Not much hope for the greens though >__<)
  3. I will try to control my temper and not judge people
  4. NO MORE (less) procastinatinon!!!
  5. NO MORE LAST MINUTE WORK!!!
  6. It's time to mature, learn and humble myself
  7. To stay away from addictions (it's not drugs or smoking ok so no worries)
Feels weird posting my resolution online when usually it is something private but oh well, at least whoever read this is now my witness right? :P Too bad for you... hahaha....


No comments: